A member of my group “Claire’s Closet Finds” asked earlier today for a discussion on umbrella strollers. Having done a TON of research on this topic I can assure you that THIS is the best one.
Here’s why the G-Luxe beats out all competition:
- Top of the line wheels mean the roll is SO smooth. It’s actually so smooth and the wheels are so sturdy that unless you’re a jogger, you don’t need a “real” stroller at all. I live in Boston where there’s a lot of cobblestone and old, cracked pavement. This thing can handle any terrain, any time.
- Fantastic engineering means it turns on a dime. With one hand.
- Basket is roomy.
- Sun cover is quite generous – there is an extra reflective flap that falls down for additional coverage when you pull it out.
- Simple one-handed fold: Just lift a flap and the whole thing falls down on itself and snaps closed with the shoulder strap on top ready for you to grab and go.
- CUP. HOLDER.
- Recline (ability to recline the seat). The recline and the wheel (and therefore role) quality are what sets it apart from the g-Lite.
- And finally, the incline. When compared to the Maclarens this has a slightly deeper incline meaning that even taller people can push it comfortably without their feet occasionally hitting the back.
- All that for just 13 pounds (!!!). My newborn weighed that much at like 6 weeks old.
Claire’s Closet Blog is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.